Osteoarthritis, commonly known as wear-and-tear arthritis, is a condition in which the natural cushioning between joints — cartilage — wears away. When this happens, the bones of the joints rub more closely against one another with less of the shock-absorbing benefits of cartilage. The rubbing results in pain, swelling, stiffness, and decreased ability to move.
If you suffer from arthritis you may qualify for a paid clinical study for a new pain management therapy. Qualifications include:
- Moderate to severe pain in one knee over the past 3 months and for 15 of the last 30 days
- Have previously found relief with over-the-counter pain medication
- No recent knee surgery
- Not currently using glucosamine, chondroitin or herbal supplements for knee related pain
- If diabetic, must be well controlled without medications
- Willing to stop any prescribed treatments for knee pain for the duration of the study
Participation includes payment for time and travel, free health checks and study medication. Register now and we will contact you with more information.