TRIAD CLINICAL TRIALS COVID-19 POLICY
As of March 25, 2020
According to the Guilford County Health Department, as of this date 22 cases of COVID-19 have been identified in the county and this number is expected to increase over the coming weeks. Dr. Montgomery and the staff of Triad Clinical Trials (TCT) are aware of the potential impact of this virus and the importance of following all public health recommendations related to it.
As the situation evolves, and closely following FDA guidance on the continuation of medical research, the TCT team is committed to remaining operational and continuing to see our study patients as scheduled while protecting staff and patient safety and the health of our community. As we are a low volume clinic with short patient wait times and limited gathering in common areas, at this point we can safely remain open.
In addition, in order to minimize any potential risk to staff or patients, TCT is taking the following steps.
- Contacting all patients prior to visits and checking for possible symptoms of illness or exposure to the novel coronavirus, and rescheduling their visit if indicated
- Limiting clinic access to essential staff, study subjects with appointments and essential building maintenance personnel.
- Immediately upon building entry all persons will have their temperature taken and be screened for any symptoms or virus exposure.
- TCT staff and subjects will wear medical masks during all subject visits.
- Testing staff for the COVID-19 virus at the discretion of Dr. Montgomery.
- Posting signs in our waiting room reminding everyone to wash their hands, and for anyone with fever/chills, cough or sore throat to notify staff immediately.
- Promoting even more regular hand washing and hand sanitizing for staff and patients both before and after visits, and regularly throughout the day.
- Patient exam and assessment rooms are always cleaned and sterilized prior to and after every visit and staff are taking extra precautions to regularly clean public areas several times a day.
- Upon arrival patients will be immediately escorted into a private exam area or asked to wait in their cars until the scheduled visit begins.
If you have a visit scheduled and are experiencing flu like symptoms within 72 hours, please contact us at (336) 235-0991. Current study participants should also contact us if they have been in contact with a known virus carrier or have been subject to corona virus related quarantine.
The safety of our patients and staff is always our number one concern and it is our desire to stay ahead of the curve on this evolving crisis. We will continue to monitor the situation and any changes or updates will be immediately sent out via phone, email and social media.
Please see the following links for the most current, reliable information: